Social Determinants of Health

In Professor Flick's lecture today, the social determinants of health were brought to my attention.  I am kind of embarrassed to say I didn't begin to think of most of them because they are things I am fortunate to have, such as food, shelter, and peace.  Some of the social determinants such as income, sustainable resources, and education are the ones I first thought of since those are the things I am most familiar with people having or not having access to.  The videos she showed us about health literacy are also new areas I haven't had a lot of knowledge or learning in.  After watching those videos, I will now be more aware of my surroundings and think of the situations others may be in and make them as comfortable as I possibly can when they are in my care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Project: The PlanHand